Contracts/Proposal Specialist at Woolpert, Inc.
Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Woolpert is seeking an experienced Contracts/Proposal Specialist for our Arlington, VA office. In this position you will be responsible for preparing and managing the proposal process to produce competitive federal DoD proposals in a timely manner for our National Security Market.
* Working with appropriate technical staff to develop and implement bid preparation tools, boilerplate language and capability statements.
* Organizing and overseeing proposal writing, editing and illustration and production efforts. This includes coordinating proposal efforts with the technical personnel, contracts/pricing department, subcontractors and human resources as well as performing quality assurance checks on all documentation.
* Analyzing the solicitation and using tools to support writers in preparing a compliant and responsive proposal
* Reviewing section drafts and graphics to ensure requirements are appropriately addressed
* Conducting regular proposal status meetings and maintaining a proposal schedule
* Coordinating pink and red team reviews, consolidating feedback, and working with Capture Lead to incorporate feedback when appropriate
* Ensuring coherence between cost and technical volumes and across different sections of the technical volume
* Participating in proposal sessions and actively contributing to the winning strategy
* Other duties as assigned
* Must have a BA/BS, or equivalent work experience, and six plus years' experience in preparing federal proposals
* Professional writing, strong proofreading and editing and page layout with graphics ability required
* The qualified candidate has experience in preparing responses to RFPs that use the Federal Government's Uniform Contract Format (FAR Part 15) for a variety of agencies to include branches of the DoD, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the General Services Administration (GSA)
* The position will involve preparing proposal responses for an international client base in varied formats (World Bank format is a plus)
* Experience in preparing Government Agency Grants for U.S. and International projects is also desirable. The ideal candidate is familiar with the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) System and requirements of the FAR, Reps and Certs, and the System for Award Management (SAM) as applicable to proposal preparation
* The ideal candidate has the ability to meet multiple deadlines, organize complex material, and coordinate with multiple parties internally and externally
* Experience preparing proposals for geospatial services that include surveying, photogrammetry/remote sensing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and information technology/software applications for the security, defense, and intelligence sectors is a plus
* The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of software applications that include MS Office and the Adobe suite of office products
* Some overtime and limited travel may be required
* Manage contract requirements as negotiated, including options, renewals and compliance activities
* Provide quotation review ensuring compliance with pricing
* Submit bid proposals for related RFQs, maintain submission schedule and meet deadlines; respond to inquiries from government clients
* Prepare and review responses for state and/or government proposals
* Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
* Hands-on experience and knowledge of pricing and cost proposals for professional service
* Meaningful experience in private industry sector, and subcontract alignment, coordination and reporting
* Willingness to be flexible, and to accommodate fast-paced, unpredictable business opportunities and objectives
* The applicant must be able to obtain a Security Clearance
* SF 330 experience Certified Federal Contract Manager a plus
* Strongly preferred to have the following certifications CPCM (Certified Professional Contract Manager), CFCM (Certified Federal Contract Manager), and CCCM (Certified Commercial Contract Manager)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.