Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
SUMMARY CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT ARLINGTON, VA (ID #13006)
The construction superintendent will have experience working with Federal Government construction projects ranging from $1M - $50M million and larger. The superintendent will oversee construction of the project in the field. The superintendent will also provide leadership to field staff and coordinate with Safety and Quality Officers to ensure successful completion of all trade work. The Superintendent will report to and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure timely and quality completion of construction process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
* Assist in the Preconstruction process
* Assist in development of detailed CPM Schedule
* Assist in development of Detailed Scope of Work
* Develop a project site logistics plan
* Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents
* Manage labor force to achieve optimum performance
* Review and understand equipment budgets and negotiate rental rates
* Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement
* Provide leadership in quality process
* Provide leadership in the safety and accident prevention programs
* Document daily construction activities
* Chair weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
* Issue and maintain short term schedules
* Verify that drawings are kept current
* Reviews Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and conducts routine safety meetings and inspections.
* Abides by safety rules and regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* 12+ years' experience and/or education as a Construction Superintendent on Federal Government Projects
* Previous experience directing and coordinating trades
* Experience in managing multiple projects concurrently
* OSHA 30 and/or EM 385-1-1 40 Hour required
* Quality Control/Quality Assurance experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, or employees of organization.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
* Possess knowledge of all facets of ground up building construction.
* Must be able to pass a background investigation.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Reliable transportation
* Comply with company Motor Vehicle Policy
* Present professional image at all times
* Self-Motivator and independent worker
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) a must
Combination of office setting and construction site. Work will involve physical labor, mental and visual efforts due to the nature of the job
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English | EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English | FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster