Chief of Staff at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Supports the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) across all lines and aspects of the Technology group within the TSYS Merchant Segment. Acts as the liaison between the CTO and all other areas of the organization. Provides leadership, facilitation, and support in the execution of strategic priorities. Drives and supports activities enabling the CTO and Technology Senior Leadership to develop relationships and secure business opportunities with internal and external partners. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Directs and performs project management, coordination of multi-organizational work efforts. Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues to minimize delays while ensuring collaboration across business groups. Represents the CTO in managing work efforts with internal/external partners. Performs various consulting-type engagements for the CTO and the Technology group. Plans and coordinates meetings and events.
What Part Will You Play?
- Directs the work of the CTO's subordinates (as needed and in the absence of). Meets with other internal stakeholders to clarify projects, objectives, statements of work, etc.
- Becomes well connected with those reporting into a leader and others across the organization to influence outcomes. Garner support for the leadership team, but also foster long-term partnerships that are critical to the group's success.
- Liaises with executives and senior leaders of the organization in joint reviews and negotiations on behalf of the CTO.
- Oversees large cross-functional and cross-segment projects throughout their life cycle ensuring enterprise-wide coordination of work efforts and quelling of issues while achieving successful implementation through conflict resolution in conjunction with the CTO.
- Understands the various components across segments and attains results that align with business goals and strategy. Recognizes opportunities for efficiency and creates programs or processes to achieve them.
- Develops presentations and papers by taking high-level concepts, researching internal and external sources, and delivering concise and informative content while ensuring style and message aligns to the target audience (ranging from individual contributors through Board of Directors).
- Develops business plans, conducts research and analysis for special projects.
- Serves as lead in planning large events such as 'all hands' meetings covering global venues, time zones, and channels for audiences of up to several thousand team members.
- Manages project, cost center or division budget to include P&L responsibility, budget planning, etc.
- Reviews upcoming meetings/events to ensure CTO leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Provides regular reporting to the CTO and leadership team on highly-prioritized projects.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the CTO in regards to the business, leaders and team members.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Technology related or Project Management related discipline, or a combination of relevant training and experience may be considered instead of formal training.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in a related field with an established record of progressive responsibility experience including a minimum of 3 years within TSYS organization.
- Master's Degree
- Organizational experience: IT Application Development or System Operations
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge
- Having broad yet in-depth expertise and unique knowledge uses skills to set and ensure the success of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways within environments and situations that are complex and difficult.
- Having ownership of a function, major account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business through key initiatives, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee and senior management review exist at this level.
- Strong TSYS business acumen, across multiple segments, with high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and business savvy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; ability to achieve results interacting at the senior and executive levels.
- Strong organization, planning, and attention to detail skills.
- Job Complexity
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies.
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as an external spokesperson for the organization with key accounts, agencies, partners, vendors, and sales prospects.
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.