Data Entry Operator I at TSYS
Posted in Finance 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Operates a data entry device to key and/or verify a variety of standard and/or complex business data into a computer. Retrieve, confirm and update data in storage. Maintain records of data input. Maintain logs of messages to and from computers. Operate equipment within prescribed standards. Detect errors by the use of verifying procedures and make changes as instructed. May transcribe data from source material into computer-compatible format.
What Part Will You Play?
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from credit card applications into computer following format displayed on screen. Keys according to specific procedures and training while maintaining at least 9,000 keystrokes per hour with 98% accuracy and tracking individual productivity daily.
- Performs sight or re-key verification of data entered following the procedures for the specific job being verified. Occasionally cleans, balances and ensures 100% accuracy of all data prior to submission to production.
- Develops a thorough understanding of systems and procedures. Assists with scheduling resources and work assignments for uninterrupted workflow operations and prioritization of jobs.
- Performs work assignments that are basic and routine. Occasionally assists in orienting, training and checking the work of new team members. Handles moderately complex issues and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Data entry
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge of all applicable computer programs; must be able to key 9,000 keystrokes per hour
- Time Management Skills - Responsible for ensuring turnaround timelines are met
- Attention to details - Responsible for auditing and must maintain high level of accuracy; 98% accuracy required
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.