Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Code: 01406-5757
Days (rotating weekends)
ALASKA REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Alaska Regional Hospital consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. To achieve this level of high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians, to clinical specialists, and support staff. Anchorage is a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to have fun. Alaska boasts some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world and draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle that includes performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining only minutes from the great outdoors. You can enjoy golfing under the midnight sun, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing and other popular outdoor activities a short distance from home. Come be a part of what makes us great!
A Registered Nurse (RN) in Rehab renders individualized comprehensive nursing care to meet patients physical, psychological, spiritual, social, cultural and educational needs. The RN provides the best possible preventative, supportive, and rehabilitative nursing care to each patient based upon the nursing process and in accordance with hospital policy and procedure; coordinates functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital in a spirit that fosters positive working relationships. .
* Current State of Alaska RN license REQUIRED.
* Two years experience in Rehab preferred.
* Current BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider certification with American Heart Association REQUIRED.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing REQUIRED.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly.
Last Edited: 07/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.