Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Experienced Audit Senior will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors or Master s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- More than three (3) years prior work experience in public accounting required
- Prior supervisory experience
- CPA preferred or actively studying for the CPA exam
- Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Possess people development and delegation skills
- Possess executive presence - needs to be able to be primary contact for the client
- Able to "in-charge" all stages of the audit, including planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up"
- Able to perform the completion of an audit of a complex company
- Able to prepare and/or review financial statements with disclosures in accordance with GAAP requirements.
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability