Metallurgical Engineer at Alcoa
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: newburgh, Indiana
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. Job Description
This position is accountable for developing an understanding of aluminum metallurgy associated with his/her area of assignment. This position will apply metallurgical knowledge to the development and evaluation of products, processes and equipment. The principle challenge of this position is to determine workable solutions to metallurgical process problems of moderate scope and to implement these solutions in an economical, timely and safe fashion.
* Metallurgical impact on product quality and customer quality concerns.
* Increase Metallurgical understanding of processes
* Process development
* Statistical analysis of complex process parameters
* Learning the location s standards, procedures and technologies
* Function in a Team environment
* Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering.
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. At this time, we will not be sponsoring H-1B Visas.
* Experience in metals or aluminum industry and Quality Systems.
* Experience in Project Management, Electronic Messaging, Statistical Methods, Engineering Calculations, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Metals solidification Theory, Thermodynamics, Material Processing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..