Supervisor, Fleet Services at Ameren Services Company
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Galesburg, Illinois
About The Position
The Supervisor, Fleet Services is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of Fleet Services mechanics and/or vendors and the management of their work in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. Their work also includes the daily enforcement of safety rules, HR policies, and resolution of employee conflict and customer complaints.
Key responsibilities include:
* Supervise, schedule, plan, organize, and evaluate maintenance work performed by Fleet Services employees and/or vendors in a shop or in the field. Such work consists of all levels of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repair of cars, trucks, and construction equipment.
* Supervise, train, and appraise employees, conduct safety meetings, maintain records of equipment and employees and other duties as assigned. Provide clear expectations for their performance.
* Consistently enforce all safety rules and conduct Job Behavioral Observations with individuals and crews.
* Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments. Monitor to ensure timely completion.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of department and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in Fleet operations to control costs and improve productivity.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree, in Automotive or Diesel Technology, or a business-related field from an accredited college or university preferred. Five or more years of relative experience required, preferably as a Journeyman Automotive Mechanic with a demonstrated aptitude and ability for a supervisory position.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good leadership, decision-making, communications, and human relations skills. , After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.