Data Base Programmer at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Simi Valley, California
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Data Base Programmer is responsible for the legacy system Cockpit, maintaining the software and resolving issues as they occur, development of additional functionality and supporting integration of additional sites as required.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Required: * PHP - Solid experience with general programming tasks, needs to fully understand conditional statements and control flow.
* SQL - Solid knowledge of relational databases. Experience with Joins (Primarily Inner and Left Joins), CASE statements, UNIONS, Sub-queries, aggregation, and date manipulation.
* HTML / CSS - skilled with User Interface and can quickly iterate on feedback given.
* Excel - General Excel experience: Pivot Tables, Vlookups, IF statements
* Windows Scripting - General windows scripting i.e copying files from different network drives at predefined intervals
* Solid understanding of Manufacturing business processes
* Additional Preferred Experience: * ERP Systems - Experience with Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP
* Advanced Data Analysis - Python (Pandas, Sklearn, Jupyter Notebooks) or R (Shiny)
* Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Ability to work cross functionally, and self-prioritize
* Perform work with intermittent direction
* INITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Daily maintenance to ensure ERP data is transferred accurately and timely, coordinate with Meggitt IT to resolve timing or data issues.
* Add new users as required
* Create reports or added functionality as directed by management.
* Work closely with Contract Administration, Sales & Marketing and Engineering to review/assess the key inputs of their forecasts and customer forecasts (if available), advice of automation opportunities.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in technology or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience : 2-5 years of relevant experience
* General understanding and ability to apply industry principles concepts, practices and standard of the forecasting / demand planning field.
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing solutions for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Experienced in analyzing and synthesizing complex and/or diverse information in demand planning or procurement for aerospace/manufacturing environment.
* Strong attention to detail, highly organized and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion.
* Good analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve problems
* Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.