Jet Engine and Component, Assembly and Test Mechanic at Pratt & Whitney
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 69507BR Date posted 07/12/2018 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
- Work with assigned personnel to perform assembly or test functions in support of Engine Assembly or Test Operations. Duties below reflect the work to be performed in assembly or test:
- Assembly: Work with assigned personnel or independently to perform flight-quality jet engine assembly/disassembly or related operations. Perform general assembly or disassembly operations.
- Use prescribed assembly techniques to facilitate the flow of work through the assembly process, in order to meet schedule and customer deliveries.
- Test: Work with assigned personnel to perform test operations and generate valid test data. Perform preventative maintenance and minimal test inspections.
- Assist in set-up and operation of test facilities including special test equipment.
- Perform installation, and assist with alignment, and stand interface connections to test articles and stand equipment.
- Ensure all functions are performed according to Pratt & Whitney, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and Quality policies. Perform other related work assignments as required or directed by supervision that supports department objectives.
- TYPICAL DUTIES: Work with team members to layout, fabricate, assemble, and modify jet engine assembly or test articles, test stands, equipment, and support systems.
- Use a wide variety of power and mechanical tools to perform functional checks on engine assembly/components or test equipment/test components.
- Acquire tools and hardware, as required to perform assembly and test procedures.
- Operate a wide variety of tools to assemble a jet engine or operate support utilities to run the test article. Monitor instrumentation and perform engine service during test. Under the direction of supervision or delegate, use work instruction and procedures to assemble/dissemble jet engines or other assigned work.
- Check all phases of assembly as specified by work instructions, to perform self inspection or peer inspection of critical processes ensuring adherence to quality standards. Work with team members in setting up the test stand, and preparing and mounting the test article per procedure.
- Assist with engine inspections as required by the engine test plan. Work with team members in producing valid test data. Inspect, maintain, and complete necessary reporting on equipment, facilities and support systems.
- Remove instrumentation, equipment and utilities to de-prep, dismount, and preserve test article for shipment. Prepare test article for proper storage and transportation.
- Move test article to proper location.
- Reconfigure and repair system equipment, test article and stand. Inspect lifting devices and store in proper location.
- Reconfigure test article and stand. Package engines for shipment to the customer as defined by work instructions. Work with team members and supervisor when necessary.
- Carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills.
One plus year's experience in jet engine and component mechanic experience HS Diploma or GED
Requires a well-rounded knowledge of aero-propulsion systems, hardware, components, instrumentation installations, engine assembly or test stand configurations. Requires ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures and instructions to assemble, fabricate, configure, install, remove/replace and set up a variety of power systems, components, modules, test stands, and equipment. This job subject to all DOT/FAA Drug & Alcohol Testing Requirements.
HS Diploma or GED
Preferred: 4 years formal training in power-plant mechanics and testing.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.