Class A Driver at Ferrellgas
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for propane delivery to our residential, agricultural, and/or retail customer locations in an efficient, punctual and safe manner. This position requires a high school diploma, Class A CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements, and physical demands which include 80 lbs. of continual lifting.
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations and customers.
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company procedures.
* Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
* Engages in daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires.
* Requires on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
* Possesses a drive, determination, professionalism, and the desire to be a significant factor in growing our business.
* Meets all DOT requirements.
* Inspects, paints, repairs and loads tanks and cylinders, as well as maintains the appearance of our displays and signs.
* Assists in handling and maintaining flow of materials and products under safety guidelines.
* Maintains Ferrellgas office and plant or yard for a professional appearance.
* Performs responsibilities during evening hours and weekends as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A valid Class A CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements
* (Class B accepted if operating a straight truck)
* At least 1 year driving experience
* Clean driving record
* Proficient in speaking, writing, and understanding the English language.
* Ability to pass the MVR, background check, drug screen, and physical abilities test.
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Ferrellgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not make decisions based on an individual's race, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies