Civil / Water Resources Engineer - Golden, CO at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Golden, Colorado
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees --- 17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resources management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Golden, CO office as a/n Civil / Water Resources Engineer.
Tetra Tech has a position for a Water Resources Engineer in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers, scientists, and project managers on site layout, civil grading and drainage, storm water management design, water quality, storm water planning, environmental management, modeling, and design projects. Key requirements of the position include a fundamental understanding of civil engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, basic principles of storm water regulation and management, engineering studies and contract document production.
- B.S. Civil, Environmental or a related field (M.S. Preferred)
- Professional Engineering (PE) license desired, EIT required
- Minimum of 1 year of directly relevant experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and SWMM is required with ability to quickly pick up proficiency in Civil 3D, HEC programs, and more
- Education and work experience should be related to municipal engineering, storm water management, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, BMP design and construction, and watershed planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to summarize scientific data and model outputs in concise, readable language
- Experience with fundamentals of civil grading and drainage, hydrologic modeling, hydraulic analysis, and plan production of capital improvements; ground/surface water field studies, water quality modeling and assessments; familiarity with water quality monitoring equipment
- An ability to formulate and solve problems related to earthworks, hydrology, hydraulics, and water quality
- An understanding of local, state, and federal storm water programs, permits, and regulations
- Ability to perform field data collection and construction oversight
- Strong skills and proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft-based software, including MS Excel, for data analysis.
- Knowledge of hydrology, geomorphology, groundwater, open channel, closed conduit, and pump principles
- Familiarity with elements of capital improvement projects process including engineering analysis, permitting, development of construction documents (plans and specifications), cost estimating, and construction administration and observation.
For success, the individual must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team settings, occasionally with limited direction, and under tight deadlines. It is important for the individual to be comfortable and confident meeting with colleagues, regulatory authorities, project stakeholders, and clients. Must have high integrity, accountability, an acute attention to detail, a demonstrated interest in the field, and a desire to be self-improving.
Strong problem solving, time management, organization, and written and verbal communication skills are required, with a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team under tight deadlines. Experience and competency with AutoCAD, GIS, SWMM is required; competency with water distribution modeling software, including EPANET, water resources planning software, including WEAP, and groundwater modeling software is preferred. Knowledge of ArcMap, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Culvert analysis, and erosion control software is a plus. The position may require some travel, typically related to field and construction phase services, environmental sampling, and site reconnaissance.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contactor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.