Procurement Operations Buyer at Mars Incorporated
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hackettstown, New Jersey
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Title: Commercial Operations Analyst/Buyer
Location: Hackettstown, NJ
Scope: Individual Contributor
Reports To: Commercial Operations Sr. Manager-Raws
The position will take the leadership to execute the in-bound supply chain strategy including in-bound supply chain continuity, service and quality while maximizing value and leveraging supplier relationships to support business growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the In-bound Supply Chain Strategy to achieve a world class in-bound supply chain
- Utilize the Lean / Six Sigma Process to analyze, develop and execute the operational strategy to ensure sustainable direct materials supply to meet the business needs
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing and R&D and Supply divisions to identify, develop, and maximize the cost reduction opportunities through developing a cost savings productivity pipeline cost savings
- Partners closely with Strategic Sourcing Managers to align on the category sourcing strategy. Develop operational execution plan for these strategies, including, but not limited to, qualification of new material and new suppliers, measure and manage supplier performance, inventory planning and adherence and the company’s sustainability objectives
- Lead the risk mitigation plan for the inbound supply chain to ensure competitive and continuous supply including issue resolution
- Responsible for the support of all new product launches, line extensions, and execution of continuous improvement programs as it relates to direct materials working closely with key business stakeholders (ie: Strategic Sourcing, Quality, R&D, Supply, Finance, Marketing and Sales)
- Work closely with Supplier Quality Assurance to ensure the suppliers meet the quality standard and mitigate potential supplier quality and food safety issues.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
- Negotiate, construct and implement the operational strategy for North America Supply Chain and ensure the strategy and execution plan is aligned with the internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible to develop the supply risk mitigation plan and ensure 0% food safety related issues
- Accountable and responsible for developing the SOP’s (Standard Operational Process) to systemize the supply risk mitigation process
- Accountable and responsible for financial KPI’s (ie: Working Capital)
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree required in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or related field
- Minimum: 3 year experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, and Project Management in a progressive and dynamic environment
- Experiences with continuous improvement and supply chain optimization programs; and supplier relationship management including managing supplier scorecards/performance models
- Knowledge of manufacturing, operations and financial data analysis
- Preferred: 3-5 years related experiences
- Lean / Six Sigma project execution experience
- Minimum: Strong alignment skills with the ability to communicate vision and gain alignment with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills with thought leadership that drives strategy and execution
- Strong project management skills
- Sound interpersonal skills enabling the incumbent to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Computer skills (ie: Excel). Experience in SAP or other ERP systems is a plus
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Ability to travel 15%
- No relocation offered
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.