Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hackettstown, New Jersey
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Wrigley Confectionery is looking for an Activity Manager – Seasonal, in Hackettstown, New Jersey
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY LOCATED IN HACKETTSTOWN, NEW JERSEY – IT WILL TRANSITION TO NEWARK, NEW JERSEY IN JULY OF 2020*
The Seasonal Activity Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of the MWC overall activity plan, which makes up the majority of the market growth and sales opportunities each year. The Activity Manager must define, manage and implement the activity, resolve cross functional issues, identify issues early based on leading indicators, ensure decisions are made and actions are taken, identify and communicate risks and adhere to the business process. Activities include all projects requiring AB and/or ER approval, including pack and product changes, sales samples, on-pack promotions and merchandising vehicles for the MWC National Range and for the Customization business, including risk assessments, risk escalation and constructing alternatives that are offered early for risk mitigation.
• Lead the delivery of 2 seasons including: packaging changes, on-pack promotions, merchandising vehicles and sales samples for the National Range and for Customization Range.
• Manage the development, planning and execution of 2 seasons spanning across the National Range and Customization Range, including customer style guides.
• Lead cross-functional teams that enable the development of a consistent, long-term pipeline, new packs and revised product launches.
• Lead, manage and govern the innovation and core new item launch activities to drive on time delivery, manage risk and deliver activities (new products, packs, etc.) over 1-2 year horizon.
• Deliver on customer expectations with speed, efficiency and quality.
• Lead cross functional reviews for stage gate submission to Seasonal Pre-Step 1, S&OP Step 1 when necessary (PMR – Portfolio Management Review) and overall S&OP Process. Partner with cross functional people leaders to facilitate and drive recommendations made in Seasonal Pre-Step 1, S&OP Step 1 and escalate issues, risks and decisions throughout S&OP Process.
• Constructively challenge project team to continuously improve Seasonal Pre-Step 1 submissions and strategic alignment to Marketing and Sales Strategies.
• Coach and challenge cross functional team members to drive effective, efficient and high performance behavior in project team meetings to ensure the team operates in an empowered manner consistent with the Five Principles.
• Partner with Project and Item Execution manager and team to ensure workflow processes will be executed with quality and accuracy. This includes Planning Item (item setup), Global Finished Goods, and Pack BOM. This will pertain to activities that go through QuEST, merchandising, growth, large COGS, and rationalization and item transitions.
• Create, implement and improve Processes and Systems related to how we deliver growth (recommend continuous improvement area on QuEST – new item launch process). Deliver training, coaching and provide guidance to new cross function team members.
• Share and collaborate with peer on challenges and learning to apply to future launches.
• Activity Management will lead and provide effective and quality inputs to Seasonal Pre-Step 1 and S&OP Step 1 Portfolio Management in the follow areas:
• Visible leadership across the organization, role modelling the S&OP Step 1 process and demonstrate and coach their teams on project team principles and behaviors.
• Actively participate in all Business Operation and Initiative and Activity Management meetings.
• Lead communication from Activity Management Director to project team when applicable.
• Ability to present stage gate document to Seasonal Pre-Step 1/Step 1/senior leaders for approvals, risk mitigation, and escalation
• Mediates and resolves conflicts when principles, processes, rules and values are violated. Makes these incidents visible to the business in a constructive manner.
• Champion the use of high quality project management techniques, including clear identification of project leaders, project plans, resource requirements, and critical thinking.
• Provide PPM (Portfolio and Project Management System), SharePoint and AMS recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Coach and mentor Activity Management Teams in the areas including, but not limited to team effectiveness, meetings, decision making protocols, business writing, identifying root cause and action plans.
• Be an advocate for best practice, education, simplification and streamlined processes that will result in intelligent risk taking and increase efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 2 years in a project management role
• 1 years of coaching experience with multiple employees
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Strong analytical capability
• Advanced degree
• 3+ years in a project management role
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.