Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Patuxent River, Maryland
Lockwood Hills, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima, LLC, provides mission support services to federal agencies and the military. With expert capabilities across four service areas, Lockwood Hills facilitates some of the most demanding and critical missions in the world. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services.
The successful candidate shall be familiar with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects, be able to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers, and to review other mechanical engineers' work for code compliance and constructability. The candidate should have the ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors, and shall be able to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
Employees performing services must meet the following requirements and have the following licenses and/or certifications for this position:
• Design and technical competence in developing and the production of complete Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications, for new and renovation projects.
• Responsible for the professional quality, technical accuracy, and the coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
General experience and knowledge of:
A minimum of five (5) years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and existing commercial facilities, industrial and health care facilities similar to the building types prevalent in the NAVFAC Washington Area of Responsibility.
• Have good or master skills and experience in AUTOCAD.
• Have a working knowledge and experience in design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
• Have a working knowledge and experience with main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
• Ability to design DDC control systems including production of the sequences of operation, point lists and control diagrams.
• Have working knowledge of the SpecIntact and ability to produce and edit specification for design projects.
• Have working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA, International Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
• Have practical experience Have practical experience with construction site visits and ability to produce field progress reports as needed.
• Shall be able to provide engineering solutions to problems when requested by the Government.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD clearance is a firm requirement.
Security Clearance: Must be able to receive a Government Common Access Card (CAC), access Government systems, and receive a security clearance.
** RESUME -- Please ensure your resume details your full chronology of work experience, educational background, and clearly identifies your unique skills. **
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.