Global Procurement Information Specialist at Johns Manville
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado
Johns Manville is currently looking to hire a Global Procurement Information Specialist. This position resides in our Global Procurement and Logistics organization and plays a key role in maintaining up-to-date data related to our suppliers, plants and customers. This role also acts as a corporate buyer and creates purchase orders in SAP. Daily interactions with updating this information in SAP.
Johns Manville (JM), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, employs approximately 350 people at its downtown headquarters in areas such as finance, human resources, legal, corporate affairs, and information technology. JM has more than 40 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. In addition, JM has technical centers in five locations around the globe, with its main center located in Littleton, Colorado.
* Manage pricing data in SAP such as supplier/plant specific material pricing, tiered pricing, and volume discounts using PIR's (Purchasing Info Records) and Source Lists in SAP
* Verify that price approval processes are followed.
* Create Purchase Orders for assigned material groups in SAP
* Act as back up for MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) Material Master Information Specialist
* Coordinate with plant location with data needed to manage discrepancies.
* Monitor complaints in SAP and drive efforts to improve Rapid Resolution to customers
* Evaluate end-to-end process time for material master, source list and purchasing info record data updates and drive adherence to set service levels
* Assess whether data change requests meet legal documentation requirements and conform to company data governance standards
* Oversee data quality and approve or deny change requests based on policy guidelines
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* Supply chain analytics related to spend
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of customer service experience (both verbally and written)
* Expert accuracy and attention to detail
* Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
* Solid knowledge of SAP product structure, customer structure and data governance standards
* Strong analytical, multitasking, organizational and decision-making skills
* Solid problem resolution and negotiation skills
* Proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.