Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Senior Vice President, School Services
The Senior Vice President (SVP), School Services leads the vision to drive continuous improvement in academics and operations across K12 s partner schools. This role develops highly effective and efficient products and services to support to K12 s partner schools.
Reporting to the President, Academics, Policy, and School Groups, this role will operate in a matrix organization; driving critical initiatives through influence and strong interpersonal relationships. This role will also lead effective, large-scale change initiatives; leveraging communication and change management techniques.
* Sets the vision for academic, operational, and leadership excellence at K12 s managed schools and foster a culture of continuous improvement in pursuit of measurable goals;
* Partners collaboratively with the SVP, School Management and other key leaders to drive student and business success, holding themselves and others accountable for achieving shared goals and objectives;
* Leads research-driven teams to build and continually improve academic and instructional models, leadership development programs, teacher effectiveness, and operational excellence;
* Establishes and measures standards of excellence in school management, continually raising the bar when goals are achieved;
* Identifies, develops and implements innovative inspirational and motivational learning strategies designed to improve and stimulate academic growth among the most challenged at-risk students;
* Builds strong relationships across the organization to ensure that all functions share the same vision of school success, and execute against agreed business plans and standards;
* Build and oversee internal audit function within School Services to ensure operational compliancy with federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
* Oversee creation of mechanisms to improve attendance and engagement reporting in managed public schools;
* Evaluates and identifies future improvement areas for the many existing programs already in place, including, but not limited to:
o The K12 Academic Excellence Framework, which provides the operational and instructional framework for high performing schools;
o Lead360, which is focused on the continued development of current school leaders and the growth of emerging school leaders;
o Teach360, which is focused on building a world class teaching organization, from recruiting and hiring to development of career ladders and advancement of the teaching profession;
* Deliver non-academic student and learning coach support and programming for the teams operating K12 partner schools;
* Drive efforts to continually improve K12 s approach to family and student engagement;
* Deliver special programs, related services and other services to K12 s partner schools.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 3 - 6 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field AND
* Five (5) years of experience in an educational field AND
* Ten (10) years of experience in leadership role AND
* Fifteen (15) years of business experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Leadership Development Proven track record of developing successful academic leaders that drive engagement and student success.
* Team-Player Must be skilled operating in a matrix organization, driving critical initiatives through influence and strong interpersonal relationships.
* Change Agent Proven leader of effective large-scale change initiatives, leveraging communication and change management techniques successfully.
* Passion Must have a positive spirit and be passionate about education, educational choice and enabling students to be their best.
* Accountability Must own this function and hold themselves and others accountable to developing and achieving rigorous business plans that drive continuous academic improvement.
* Courage Willing to surface innovative ideas and take controversial stands in pursuit of excellence.
* Trust Must have high integrity and build trust at all levels internally and externally.
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 20% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Master s Degree
* Online Educational Experience
* Charter School Experience
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend