DevOps Software Construction/Git Specialist at Nokia Siemens Networks
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Business Group Description
You will be part of the global Cloud Mobility Manager (CMM) organization within the ION Business Unit of Nokia. The CMM delivers a cloud native converged packet core solution which addresses multiple evolution scenarios: 5G (AMF), 4G LTE overlay today with 2G/3G consolidation, or 2G/3G renewal today with future evolution to 4G LTE and 5G technology on the same platform. The Cloud Mobility Manager (CMM) product combines the MME (4G LTE) and SGSN (2G/3G) functions, paving the way for AMF (5G) functionality.
Key Job Responsibilities:
You will need to:
* be able to gain a lot of complex knowledge in a short time frame as you need to become an expert in a number of specific areas and develop an overall understanding of the entire CMM product,
* manage, maintain and enhance a complex dev-ops system, end to end, including Jenkins framework, multiple Git repositories, local hardware (sys admin) and associated software and support tools
* support consultation and discussion with developers on issues with their software as they try to integrate it.
* understand and demonstrate knowledge of product lifecycle and the relationship to dev-ops and software construction
* ability to make sense out of complex problems where solutions are not fully understood.
* be in close contact with testers, tools engineers, product managers and the support teams (local and global),
* work with a multi-site and multi- cultural team to ensure collaborative teamwork and communication,
* understand software development methodology and principles,
* be very creative in order to simulate complex real-life situations and innovate ways to overcome any constraints,
* support, lead, develop, partner and implement strategies for large and small features
* be responsible for delivering the content you committed to,
* work in an agile way, with dev-ops mentality,
* have a proven aptitude for methodical problem solving, good communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work well in a close-knit and global team
* keep in mind the customer's point of view.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Knowledge and proven experience working with Git, maintaining Linux servers, and Docker/Container(s)
Proven track record for dev-ops mindset and product lifecycle including innovation and improvement of a Continuous Integration Pipeline.
Ability to lead a team with new ideas/dev-ops to support an agile way of working.
5+ years in dev-ops and/or software construction role; and the interaction/role with product lifecycle.
BS degree in CS/CE or EE
System administration skills (server backups, kickstart/installation) and ability to manage 20+ servers.
Ability to effectively automate and understand existing assets written in KSH, Python, and PHP.
Ability to quickly troubleshoot, understand the issue and fix the issues in the Continuous Integration pipe as they arise.
Understanding of gmake, nmake, and Solaris (ASN.1, etc)
Knowledge of and Experience with Linux and programming languages (preferably scripting languages such as TCL, Python, ksh/bash)
Knowledge of IP networking and troubleshooting
Experience with Git, SVN, Confluence, Jenkins and other Agile/Global sharing tools.
Flexible and able to embrace rapid changes and switch directions quickly
Troubleshoot complex problems that could be SW, HW or tool related
Understand requirements and translate them into SW delivered to meet the requirements
Understand how functionality will be used by the customer and ensure that functionality is fully implemented prior to customer delivery,
Collaborate with a larger team or work independently
Communicate and document issues clearly
Leadership skills able to lead and coordinate large global teams or projects across multiple countries with successful outcomes