Process Engineer at KIK Custom Products
Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Elkhart, IndianaJob Description:
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2018-5356
# of Openings 6
Job Location US-IN-Elkhart
Posted Date 2018-06-18
KIK's Custom Manufacturing Division ("KCM") is a leading contract manufacturer of HBA products in North America. Each year, approximately one billion units representing thousands of different consumer products leave our plants destined for North American households. For example, KCM fills approximately 25% of all home and personal care aerosol products in the United States. We can also offer full turn-key solutions, and have developed award-winning innovations for prestige salon and skin care customers. Seven of our plants are FDA certified, and we produce OTC products including sunscreen, depilatories, oral care, skin care, and topical treatments, among others.
This position is located at KIK Elkhart in Elkhart, IN. KIK Elkhart manufactures aerosol and liquid personal care and over the counter drug products.
KIK Elkhart is expanding and we are currently searching for 6 Process Engineers to add to our Main Plant site. In this position, you will review and observe production to make process improvements and implement training programs/standard work for production employees. Additional responsibilities are to ensure manufacturing line efficiency, perform engineering duties in support of operational goals that include promoting and maintaining a safe work environment, ensure product quality standards are met, reducing cost and improving production throughput. Work may include process design, process optimization, process modeling, chemical system improvements, new product development, safety and environmental compliance, development and implementation of initiatives or other work related to process improvement.
We are willing to train a new graduate engineer!
Essential Job Functions
- Envisions, analyzes, and manages initiatives and capital projects to improve the functionality, safety and efficiency of key plant process systems.
- Leads process improvement studies to reduce cost, increase material utilization, integrate new products/processes into production and reduce variation; implements necessary changes and documents changes to SOPs.
- Preparation of Process Flow Diagrams, heat and material balances, equipment specifications and operating instructions in support of an executed project.
- Effectively present/convert technology and design to for IQ/OQ and PQ documentation- for QA/QC review
- Supervision of capital projects necessary for the continued improvement and modernization of the plant; ensuring timely completion of project scope within budgets
- Understands and applies company's processes for capital funding, execution and documentation.
- Develops project scope, funding proposals, and generates machinery specifications and test protocols for major purchases.
- Coordinates project work with project stakeholders including but not limited to Operations, Scheduling and follows applicable Safety, GMP, FDA Codes and/or Guidelines, as they pertain to each project.
- Coordinates and supervises outside contractors and other personnel as required.
- Manages all phases of assigned projects including spending control, fund tracking, close-out. Ensure that documentation requirements are met for all phases.
- Provides input into the budget process and provides technical assistance and training, as needed.
- Helps organization transform workplace and work cultures to become safer, more efficient, and more environmentally sustainable.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline, prefer chemical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, engineering technology, mechanical engineering
- 0 - 5 years experience in process engineering
- Root cause analysis / OpEx experience in projects or intern experience
- Manufacturing plant experience highly desired
- Must be able to train and communicate with production floor employees regarding work instructions created.
- Visa sponsorship now or in the future is not offered with this position.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!