Senior Bid Analyst at Gordon Food Service
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wyoming, Michigan
The Senior Bid Analyst maintains relationships with divisions and departments to facilitate bid processes, procedures, and efficiencies. Manages administrative and analytical duties for bids in assigned territory. Performs project manager duties for bids in assigned territories to produce directives and implement bid proposals.
* Monitors and participates in the completion of process activity in the department including margin analysis, item analysis, price protection, item transitions, audits, and invoice discrepancies within required timelines
* Maintains bids in assigned territory and additional assigned bid territories including margin analysis, item analysis, price protection, item transitions, audits, and invoice discrepancies within required timelines
* Establishes, develops and maintains working relationships with assigned division(s) to understand market environment and personnel resulting in process efficiencies, price strategies, and division specific needs through communication and the facilitation of periodic divisional meetings
* Serves as liaison with Merchandising Service Center (MSC) for assigned category as it pertains to product cost/pack/market changes, invoice discrepancies, and item transitions.
* Serves as liaison with ancillary departments within GFS
* Manages the bid process and timelines for assigned bids including but not limited to Preplanning, Bid Arrival and Post Bid Award
* Manages and organizes the resources to produce the required bid deliverables and completes bid proposals within customer deadline
* Produces a bid plan and reviews and monitors progress and resolves issues and problems
* Arranges bid initiation meetings, defines the structure of the proposal
* Maintains relationship(s) between vendor and broker community in addition to securing customer sales allowance support
* Establishes bid pricing strategies based on analysis, market conditions and/or collaboration with Divisional Sales Team
* Reviews and understands legal requirements of bid proposal and identify key components necessary for contract compliance
* Locks in customer pricing and maintains contract
* Performs on-going evaluation of bids in assigned territory, proactive planning for upcoming bids
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Maintains knowledge of the Strategic Bid Application along with other systems that pertain to the bid process.
* Maintains knowledge of Federal Procurement guidelines, the National School Lunch Program, National School Breakfast Program, and the USDA Schools/Child Nutrition Commodity Program.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature. Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas.
* Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills as well as problem-solving capabilities.
* Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
* Must have accuracy and attention to detail.
* Must be able to clarify and process legal requirements.
* Must be able to comprehend and utilize complex pricing logic.
Minimum Years of Experience:
* Two to four years previous contract management, accounting and/or auditing experience. One to two years food service experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.