Design Intern at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman is looking for a Creative Intern to join its PNW creative team in Portland, working on some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. Edelman is a great place to learn, get experience on real client work, grow your talent, and hone your craft. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot… and swear a little. Every day.
- Assist the creative team with concept development and execution of client assignments
- Work with teams to produce creative for new business opportunities, including (but not limited to) presentation design, book and brochure design, digital design and infographics
- Work with Edelman account teams to polish presentations, create graphics for client deliverables, and manage production of internal documents
- Organize files, imagery and graphic elements in a manner consistent with office standards
- Time-manage effectively to juggle multiple assignments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate their thoughts effectively both in writing and in conversation and may be required to make minor edits to copy as it comes up in the course of their work
- Effectively manage projects, working closely with account teams
- Organize files and folders in a manner consistent with office standards
Must have a degree in, or current pursuit of a degree in communication design or a related field (advertising, graphic design, media design) and have a portfolio to be considered.
- At least one internship, or experience working in an agency setting
- A degree in, or current pursuit of a degree in communication design or a related field (advertising, graphic design, media design)
- Proficiency in professional-grade design software: specifically, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of AfterEffects, Premiere, CSS/HTML, web design, motion design and video editing a plus
- Creative copywriting experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Performs well under pressure
- Can turn hard-to-understand things into easy to understand things
- S/he will possess strong design skills: Sophisticated typography / Solid understanding of layout and color / Scrupulous attention to detail / Clear understanding of scale, pacing, and drama as it pertains to presentation and design
About our Internship Program:
- Interns at Edelman work full-time schedules, 40 hours a week, and are paid $12.50 an hour.
- Edelman Portland has 2-4 interns at any given time.