Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, Virginia
* Insures that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing preventative maintenance tasks, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
* Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, attend relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe workplace. Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
* Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
* Performs the maintenance and operation of mechanical (Chillers, cooling tower and CRAC units), electrical and power generation equipment and systems to support the environment.
* Ability to quickly learn building control, electrical systems, utilizing on the job training, operations manuals and documentation.
* Performs predictive, planned, preventative and routine maintenance as well as equipment rounds and service requests as directed. Performs maintenance in accordance with the JLL Preventative Maintenance Program. Assist with the development and improvement of preventative maintenance programs, schedules, work instructions, SOP s and operational procedures.
* Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors ensuring proper operation of the client equipment and systems.
* Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices.
* Performs visual and operational inspection of associated equipment and interprets specifications, blueprints and job standards to perform assigned duties.
* Assists with analyzing and resolving work problems and achieving work goals
* Manages time and production of customer service requests. .
* Must be comfortable and flexible enough to work with a wide-ranging and changing scope of responsibilities while adhering to the constraints of procedures put in place to minimize the risk for human error.
* Team player with the desire to foster teamwork to help create a positive working environment.
* Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
* Rotates as on-call engineer.
* Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license.
* Special knowledge and skills Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
* Completion of an applicable technical training program is strongly preferred.
* Minimum of five years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical with at least 2 years in a lead or supervisory role
* Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
* Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team. Candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation
* Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
* Participate in safety training program.
* Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building s infrastructure.
* Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
* State or Local law.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 7+ years facility related work experience, including customer service and leadership experience.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes
* Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, and electrical systems operation.
* Working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
* Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
* Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC s
* Operating Engineers license preferred.
* LEED Certification preferred.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org