Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: PLANTATION, Florida
Job Code: 00056-10074
Nights (rotating weekends)
REGISTERED NURSE (RN), NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, NICU, PART-TIME NIGHTS ,
Plantation General Hospital
Named one of the nation s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in 2016 by The Joint Commission, Plantation General Hospital is a 264-bed, acute care hospital that has served Plantation and Central Broward County for more than 50 years. Our facility provides easy access to the vast resources of the HCA Hospital Network, which includes surgeons who excel in minimally invasive surgery with an intense focus in Women and Children s Services. A Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and 2-year recipient of Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award , we are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, I-595 and I-95. Plantation General Hospital offers emergency rooms and intensive care units designated for children, pregnant women and adults. Our goal is to deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
Plantation General Hospital is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Reporting the Director of the NICU , you will be facilitation exceptional care for the patients we serve in our 31 Bed unit, 2 private beds. Some notable information about the unit:
* Skill mix: Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse, Patient Care Assistant, Lactation Consultant
* Patient Ratio: LEVEL II: RN:4:1 ratio with PCA Help, PCA takes 3 to 4 babies
LEVEL III: RN: 2:1
* NICU patients hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnosis: All Acuity except Echmo and major heart defects
* Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730) ; Full time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend. Self-scheduling is available.
* Dress code : Professional Scrubs (individual provides their own). Navy Blue or White. Baby friendly scrubs.
* Major equipment used:
* Unique equipment: Neuro bundle with the TORTLE product, Back to Sleep initiative we use the new HALO product, Whole body cooling
* 2 lactation consultants only for the NICU and we are in the FPQC (Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative) project. We expect every mother to provide breast milk to their baby
* Transport team here will pick up a baby from any other HCA facility
* PICC team Group of NICU nurses that are certified to put in central lines
* Our NICU was chosen by corporate to be in The Unit of Distinction
* Associates in Science in Nursing, Bachelors preferred
* Current Florida RN License required
* Current certification as a BLS/CPR provider through the American Heart Association required
* Current certification as NRP or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
* Current Certification in STABLE or obtained within 6 months of employment
* Current experience of NICU Level III experience preferred
Last Edited: 06/12/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.