Unit Secretary (Cardiac Medical Surgical Telemetry) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Webster, Texas
Job Code: 01533-93158
Days (rotating weekends)
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER WEBSTER, TX
UNIT SECRETARY MEDIAL/CARDIAC
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is looking for a UNIT SECRETARY MEDICAL/CARDIAC.
* Performs clerical functions in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
* Responsible for courteous, accurate and timely communication of information.
* Responsible for supervision of nursing unit s physical needs.
* Transcribes orders.
* Interacts with family members, as needed, in a customer-friendly atmosphere.
* Answers call lights and refer to licensed nurse, as needed.
* Responsible for ordering supplies on a regular schedule.
* Enters Epom orders into computer.
* Responsible for maintaining chart organization.
* Responsible for keeping files/forms in orderly, organized fashion.
* Responsible for scanning supplies from P.O.U. and assisting with entering patient charges.
* Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
* Previous clerical experience in the hospital field preferred.
* Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
* Ability to interact with others in a diplomatic and courteous manner on the telephone and in person.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.