Emergency Medical Technician PRN (EMT) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Webster, Texas
Job Code: 01533-93164
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER WEBSTER, TX An HCA Affiliated Hospital
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) EMERGENCY ROOM (ER).
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER include:
* Breast Diagnostic Center
* Cancer care
* Diabetes management
* Level III emergency department
* ACR-accredited imaging center
* One-on-one therapy
* Neuroscience and neurology
* Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
* Wound treatment center
* Women s and Children s Center
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
CLEAR LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is looking for a EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) EMERGENCY ROOM (ER).
* Performs patient care functions in compliance with hospital policies and procedures:
* Assists patients with activities of daily living.
* Assists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
* Assists in admitting, transferring and discharging of patients.
* Assists with management of supplies and equipment.
* Keeps licensed nurse informed of patient activities/changes in condition.
* Routinely performs venipunctures for laboratory specimens.
* Responds in a customer friendly atmosphere.
* Answers call lights and refers to licensed nurse as needed.
* Responsible for physical appearance of the nursing unit.
* Transports patients, including those requiring cardiac monitoring.
* Perform and interprets ECG rhythm strips.
* Performs 12-lead ECG s.
* Performs Point of Care (POC) testing in accordance with written policies and procedures
* Obtains IV access per protocols as needed.
* Attends stable patients requiring cardiac monitoring during off unit testing, (i.e. CT scan, MRI etc.).
ER Tech, Emergency Room Tech, EMS, Ambulance, Dispatch, Critical Care Tech
* Previous EMT-Intermediate.
* Maintains current CPR certification.
* Obtains ACLS or Code Blue certification
* Completes IV learning module with 80% or better or remediation.
* Obtains Basic ECG certification or successfully completes ECG challenge test.
* Must be detail oriented and able to operate mechanical, electrical and computer-controlled instrumentation.
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE - APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.