Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Code: 08298-8565
Nights (rotating weekends)
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (RRT)
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
* 24-hour Emergency Services
* Bariatric Services
* Behavioral Health Services
* Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
* Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
* Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
* Breast Diagnostic Center
* Inpatient Rehabilitation
* Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level I, II, III
* Maternal and Neonatal Transport
* Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
* Orthopedic Services
* Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
* Women s Health Center
CORPUS CHRISTI MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST.
* Demonstrates knowledge in identifying different pieces of equipment, disassembling, cleaning and reassembling various mechanical ventilators used in department.
* Demonstrates, recognizes and follows indications for hand hygiene, correct hand washing procedures, appropriate use of alcohol based hand cleanser and proper disposal and storage of hazardous materials, including biohazardous materials.
* Demonstrates knowledge in proper fitting of nasal/full face masks, proper setting of pressures as indicated by orders and monitoring and troubleshooting of equipment.
* Demonstrates knowledge in preparing site for capillary and arterial blood gas puncture; ability to collect and post collection care of patient.
* Demonstrates ability to properly place EKG leads, operate, troubleshoot, print EKGs and initiate clerical responsibilities required for an EKG.
* Demonstrates knowledge in recognizing proper dosage strength, ability to dilute medications, recognize adverse reactions to medication administration and properly dispose and process equipment after administration of medication.
* Demonstrates knowledge in positioning for extubations, properly extubating and placing of proper oxygenating devices, and monitoring patients post extubation.
* Demonstrates ability to identify customers and role of all staff in ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates ability to complete given assignments, reporting incomplete assignments to supervisor; and implement work assignments with existing workloads.
* Demonstrates knowledge in positioning patients for intubation, ability to connect scope to blade, insert laryngoscope, visualize vocal cords, insert endotracheal tubes, and check for placement by auscultation and visual lung inflation.
* Graduation from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy.
* Successful completion of the national certification examination for the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
* Requires working in a fast-paced setting and self-motivated.
* BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
* ACLS and PALS required.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.