Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Job Code: 03170-71678
Spalding Rehabilitation has been in the business of Rebuilding Lives and Renewing Hope for more than 65 years. A 100 bed-licensed rehabilitation hospital, Spalding specializes in treatment of conditions such as: Stroke, Brain injury, Amputations, Orthopedic injuries, Neurologic conditions and other disabling injuries or medical conditions.
This position acts as a coordinator between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payers, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program.
* POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist).
* Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
* Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
* Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
* Professional appearance.
* Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication skills.
* Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
* Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
* Organization and time management skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
* BCLS certification (AHA)
* Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
* If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
* Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
* Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
* Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging circumstances.
* Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.-
Last Edited: 06/12/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.