Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Code: 26110-10071
Mixed (rotating weekends)
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, PART-TIME (0.5 FTE) DAYS/EVENINGS/WEEKENDS
PTCB Certification required
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 473-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: The CyberKnife Institute, The Heart Center, the Maternity and Women s Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for six consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
This is a support clinical position, which is responsible under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, to perform only the Pharmacy functions allowed by federal and state regulation.
* Assist the Pharmacist in the prompt and accurate processing of physician's orders to facilitate computer order entry and printing of medication/sterile products labels and reports from the hospital main frame as needed for patient care.
* Assure that medications are prepared as per schedule, checked by a pharmacist and medications/sterile products are delivered/tube on an accurately and timely basis.
* Facilitate distribution of all pharmaceutical products per pharmacy policies and procedures in order to promote a safe and secured process.
* Assist the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medications and controlled drugs to refill the medstations according to printed reports or handheld devices.
* Assist the Inventory Buyer in the adequate maintenance of drug inventories, provides ordering information, receives and stores wholesaler order, and checks medication bins for out-of-date medications.
* Prepare patient specific medications according to initial and final fill lists, load all needed medications, pick up discontinued or not used medications at the time of delivery and process all patient's credits before the end of the shift.
* Communicate patient care related information, in an effective way, with members of the pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals.
* Provide proper documantation in the pharmacy systems for proper quality assurance including but not limited to, simpifi, unitstock and all other computer
* High School Diploma or equivalent;
* Minimum of one year of hospital pharmacy experience or Graduate of a Pharmacy Technician Training Program preferred
* Must be a Registered Pharmacy Technician in Florida; Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) required
* More than 3 years experience as a Hospital Pharmacy Technician or Equivalent Pharmacy Technician Training.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
* Ability to communicate clearly ,directly and professionally.
* Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.