Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salem, Virginia
Job Code: 00005-19505
The OR Analyst is responsible for assisting the OR staff in the optimal use of the computer system applications. This includes coordinating integration of OR systems with internal and external systems, as well as a liaison to other hospital departments including, but not limited to Finance, Supply Chain, Admitting, Infection Control, Risk Management, IT&S, and HIMS. Responsible for installation, planning, coordinating and education of system applications, installation, upgrades and updates. Responsible for ensuring data integrity through periodic audits and reviewing/revising policies/procedures in the use of supplied system software. Performs any other job related duties as requested by the Assistant Director or Department Director.
JOB SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
* Utilizes Meditech, and other computer software proficiently i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, SMART, etc.
* Can troubleshoot staff questions/problems with intraoperative screens or charging issues. Follows up on a continual basis on all charges that are outstanding.
* Create and maintain all ORM dictionaries, forms, queries and responses related to OR documentation and billing. Responsible for the integrity of the OR module in both test and live for surgical or procedural documentation/scheduling.
* Responsible for the surgical revenue cycle; audits billing/charging on a daily basis.
* Produces revenue reports for end-of-month reporting (PLUS)
* Create and maintain all teaching materials for surgical employees.
* Creates and/or maintains Surgical menus for all perioperative staff.
* Creates and/or maintains standard HCA Meditech ORM CDS screens
* Trains new employees on the use of the OR module. Informs all involved staff and management of changes to the system and teach as needed. Maintains downtime protocol according to policy.
* Supports hospital staff as requested and coordinates with other departments needs as they interface to OR/PACU nursing/scheduling documentation, (i.e. Admitting, Revenue Integrity, Supply Chain etc.)
* Works with IT & S staff to coordinate the installation of the computer system for OR documentation in new or reorganized departments of surgical services. Assists Information Services in the coordination of hardware issues and troubleshooting for Surgical Services. Participates in integrated testing with I.S. for updates.
* Creates department reports to provide statistics/data for Administration, QI/QM, Finance, Surgical Service, Special Projects.
* In conjunction with the appropriate OR Director/Manager, and Management participates in the PI/QI program for Surgical Services departments. Attends market meetings/Corporate meetings regarding OR module when appropriate.
* PURSUES OPPORTUNITIES TO ENHANCE PERSONAL AND/OR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH.
* Maintains current BLS for Healthcare Provider training. Completes mandatory education requirements. Attends all in-services/ staff meetings on scheduled work days .Reviews minutes of meetings held on non-scheduled days.. Keeps skills checklist up-to-date. Pursues continuing education outside of hospital. . Attends at least one seminar relative to job description. Provides a minimum of 1 education program annually. Participates on nursing committee. Prefer to achieve and maintain CNOR status.
* Participates in required continuing education programs and in-service
* Contributes to the learning of new employees, students, floats & agency personnel.
* Participates and provides input in staff meetings.
* . ORGANIZES WORK TO COMPLETE DUTIES EFFICIENTLY AND EFFECTIVELY. Efficient and effective in daily performance, uses time management skills to be a productive member of the department s team.
* Follows through with tasks / problems and gives necessary feedback. Promptly investigates and follows up on unusual incidents and communicates with supervisors
Graduate from accredited professional school of nursing.
Bachelor Degree in Nursing or Informatics or a minimum 2 years experience implementing or managing OR scheduling/documentation systems.
Advanced computer skills
Previous circulator or nurse educator in the OR with a minimum 5 years recent experience. Completion of a Perioperative Course; CNOR
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: BLS Certification
Demonstrated competence with patient care information systems, preferably MEDITECH.
Strong planning, analytical, and written skills.
Basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process.
Ability to utilize database, spreadsheet, word processing to conduct analysis of OR statistical reports.
Ability to educate staff using adult learning principles.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.