Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican BioThermal LLC is a global leader in the design and manufacture of single use and reusable temperature controlled packaging solutions for the highly regulated pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical trials industries. Pelican BioThermal is a great place to work and offers employees the opportunity to flourish and excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, creative and exciting environment! We currently have an opening for a part-time Accounts Payable Clerk working 24 hours per week based at our site in Plymouth, MN, reporting to the Finance Manager.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for entering invoices, coding invoices to general ledger accounts, preparing the bi-monthly check run, managing vendor statements, maintaining account payable filing systems, and other miscellaneous accounting duties as assigned. This is a part-time position working 24 hours per week Monday - Friday. Hours can be flexible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures all invoices are received and approved by appropriate personnel for payment. Distributes incoming invoices from mail or email and sends for appropriate authorization.
* Performs Accounts Payable process of invoice entries into SAP using proper general ledger accounts.
* Works with purchasing to resolve invoice discrepancies and determines process changes to eliminate similar errors in the future.
* Answers and resolves vendor questions via phone or by email.
* Prepares bi-monthly check run and distribution.
* Sets up new vendors in SAP.
* Maintains account payable filing systems and documentation.
* Manages vendor statements, 1099/W-9 documentation and process.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, and other safety procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* A two year degree in Business or Accounting or 2+ years of related accounting experience or equivalent knowledge to perform the job duties. Must have a firm understanding of accounting principles.
* Must have excellent math skills.
* Must be proficient in Excel; experience using SAP or a large ERP system is preferred.
* Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
* Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks independently.
* Must have strong problem solving, documentation, research and resolution skills.
* Must have ability to make non-routine choices within established guidelines.
* Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Requires exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by the Manager.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
Please apply at https://jobs.pelican.com/. No calls please.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
This positon requires prolonged sitting, talking on the phone, viewing a computer monitor for long periods of time and hand wrist activities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to execute physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. standing, walking, or crouching). Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Pelican BioThermal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.