Office Coordinator at University of California - Los Angeles
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
$20.89 - $41.37 hourly
3189-UCLA ASSET MANAGEMENT
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the supervision of the Director, the Office Administrator provides support to the Department, and supports and assists the property managers in their duties, including operations, customer service, financial analyses and cash handling. This position requires experience and judgment to respond to building emergencies and coordinate responses to maintenance requests, and to provide top-notch customer service to diverse clientele over the phone, via email and in person. The Office Administrator must be a self-starter who works independently with minimal supervision and with a well-developed ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Asset Management Department manages three off-campus high-rise office buildings (containing 600,000 SF, occupied by 150 tenants, and generating $27M of rental income); responsibilities include leasing, construction, contracts management, accounting and building operations. The Department also manages 60 small off-campus properties owned by the University.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Demonstrated ability in communicating clearly, distinctly, and effectively using appropriate vocabulary and grammar on the telephone, in person, and in writing.
2. Demonstrated skill in working independently, often under conflicting multiple deadlines and priorities, while following through on assignments with minimal supervision.
3. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
4. Demonstrated analytical and decision making abilities.
5. Demonstrated ability to prepare (compose, transcribe, and edit) clear, concise and grammatically correct documents and correspondence.
6. Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer, with intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook. Online test of applicants required.
8. Demonstrated skill in mathematical computations, performed with speed and accuracy.
9. Demonstrated ability to define problems accurately, identify solutions, formulate logical and objective solutions, recognize alternatives and their implications, and take necessary and appropriate action.
10. Demonstrated customer service skills to work effectively with tenants, vendors, co-workers, and University Departments with which Asset Management interacts.
11. Demonstrated ability to identify and deal with sensitive issues and deal with difficult people, and work with confidential documents and issues.
12.Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing assignments, concurrent with multiple projects
13. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
14. Knowledge of standard purchasing practices.
15. Working knowledge of basic accounting and collections practices and internal cash handling and internal controls.
16. Knowledge of commercial property management, including building operations, tenant relations, contract services and minor construction.
17. Proficient in use of University's BruinBuy software tool.
18. Proficient in use of University's FSR (Facility Service Request) and TSR (Telephone Service Request) systems.
19. Knowledge of Yardi property management software.
20. Physical mobility sufficient to conduct site tours and event walk-throughs and ability to site and work at a personal computer for extended periods.
21. Ability to walk or take shuttle/bus to campus and Westwood Village locations of our other buildings or departments on campus.
22. Ability to utilize body language such as eye contact, facial expressions, gestures, and posture that reflect an out-going, friendly, attentive, responsive and professional demeanor.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Please note: This position requires a RESUME, COVER LETTER, and REFERENCES to be attached. Please have all files ready to upload when applying. Updates or corrections are not possible after required documents are submitted. Thank you.
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $23.95 HOURLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check.
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
Age Requirement: Applicants must be 18 years or older to be eligible to be hired.
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire into a critical (or otherwise designated) position will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/UCLA_tobacco_free_task_force