Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, California
Nurse Navigator - Neuro-Spine Services (CLIN NURSE 2)
40 ; 100%
This classification is represented by a union
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what s possible for the patients we serve a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California and among the top five in the country UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The UCSF Spine Center is one of the largest centers of its kind in the country, treating 10,000 patients a year.
The center brings together world-renowned specialists in neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, neurology, physiatry and other specialties to design the most effective treatment for your condition.
The team includes experts in cancer, pain management, physical therapy, radiation oncology and rheumatology.
The incumbent will utilize the nursing process to assess and identify the individual needs of Neuro-spine surgical candidates and navigate them through educational preparation on what the patient should expect pre-operatively and post-operatively. Prepping and informing patients of what to expect in educational detail pre-operatively and post-operatively well aid in preventing undesirable re-admissions and preventing complications. Lastly visiting our inpatients while admitted on a regular basis will also aid in shorting our departments inpatient length of stay in the hospital.
The primary function of the nurse will be to serve as a clinical nurse educator/navigator, and will work independently in their role, but secondly the nurse will also be asked to assist with prescription refills and triage patient MyChart messages and phone calls to providers as appropriate, and provide patient education.
This individual supports the standards of the policies and procedures of the Neurospine Faculty Practice and is responsible for compliance with all UCSF Ambulatory Services and Medical Center policies and procedures for infection control, safety, administrative and clinical practice.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing
* Six (6) or more months of clinical RN experience
* Case management experience in Spine or other surgical specialty
* Knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to this position
* State of California Registered Nurse License
* CPR Certified
* This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
* Certification in Orthopaedic/Spine Nursing
* Upon hire will be allowed two years to receive certification
* Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
* Active American Heart Association CPR certification
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page