Tableau Design/Programmer at Unisys Federal
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Summary / DescriptionDay to Day Job Responsibilities
* Design, develop and integrate functional executive dashboard systems using Tableau Desktop and Server to enable easy interpretation of portfolio status, workflow, and actions.
* Provide expertise developing Tableau code that provides predictive results from analytical trending and modeling.
* Establish standard methodologies for data assessment and interpretation across multiple dashboards to ensure consistent information representation.
* Develop, maintain and continually enhance a strategy around Tableau Data (TDE) files
* Partner with the security team to develop standards for hosting Tableau services/application.
* Participate in design reviews of prototypes, and applications ready for production
* Develop a solution/framework for provisioning data for consumption by business users who create Tableau reports.
* Maintain existing and developed Tableau code and optimize/streamline informational lining and feeds.
* Integrate tasks/activities into project plans in support of product enhancements
The candidate will be required to work closely with data analysis, development, and other project managers to analyze and validate data visualization and business intelligence requirements. The candidate must have experience with the product, Tableau. The candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience as a client facing representative. Additionally, the candidate must understand the Software Development Lifecycle and the supporting software necessary to perform change management.
* Demonstrated experience with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically publishing and back end administration.
* Strong SQL skills using DB2, Postgres databases.
* Experience in a scripting language such as R and/or Python.
* Knowledge of Tableau optimization and tuning is a plus
* Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and BI reporting
* Experience with business intelligence visualization tools and business intelligence tools a plus
* Experience in dashboard designing with emphasis in dashboard design and publishing.
* Experience with requirements gathering – working with customers to determine analytical needs, and carrying those needs through the development of data-driven tools to facilitate the requirements.
* Experience with predictive and prescriptive data analytics, to include regression analysis and simulation.
* Expertise in visually representing complex databases and data modeling.
* Expertise in the research, development, and support of data visualization techniques
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong communication & presentation skills, particularly with clients, team leads, & managers.
* Ability to work in a dynamic, and often fast-paced environment
* Comfortable working in a collaborative / team-based approach
* Track record of taking initiative
* Educational emphasis in Information Design and Visualization or other related studies preferred.
* Experience in Human Computer Interaction, Data Science, Graphic Design or another related discipline is a plus
* Experience/exposure to SAP BIP tools & crystal reports is preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems with 5 years’ experience in configuring, designing and building complex visualizations and dashboards using Tableau.
* Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems with 3 years’ experience in configuring, designing and building complex visualizations and dashboards using Tableau.
Program Specific Requirements
* ONLY US Citizens may apply, no exceptions to requirement
* Must pass a DOJ Minimal Background Investigation, MBI, Level 5 background investigation. Valid EQIP JPAS transfers acceptable
* Washington Metro area applicants only please.
* Project Location is Northeast Washington DC, specifically the Metrorail’s Red Line-NY & FL Ave location.
About UnisysDo you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.#FED#