Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Cross Functional Project Manager
Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Position Overview :
Develops, defines and executes project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables on medium sized engagements, projects and/or sub-projects. Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters, as needed. Assigns and monitors work of project/program management staff, providing technical support and direction. Key Responsibilities/Outcomes Leadership: Builds and maintains high team morale, positively cascades all organizational communications. Brings together cross-functional team members and fosters a collaborative approach to delivery.
The Cross Functional Project Manager will provide direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Generally accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Incumbents in this classification are responsible for the successful planning and implementation of assigned contracts where success criteria include meeting cost, schedule, performance and quality requirements for designated client personnel.
* Builds and maintains high team morale, positively cascades all organizational communications.
* Brings together cross-functional team members and fosters a collaborative approach to delivery.
* Resolves conflict by addressing issues between others before it escalates and impedes the achievement of project outcomes.
* Collaborates with other managers on resourcing to avoid conflicts with other projects.
* Continually assesses project team capabilities against the demands placed on it.
* Approaches people directly and openly, but discreetly, over poor performance.
* Considers the ideas and opinions of others but accepts responsibility for the final decision without excuse.
* Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan; facilitates client acceptance of the scope change.
* Coordinates the assessment of the impact that the change will have on people, processes, and systems and develops and adapts these areas to support the change.
* Understands the implications of changes internally and externally to the project and acts to ensure that it is aligned with these changes.
* Risk Management: Documents risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
* Implements actions required to avoid or mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
* Anticipates and manages risks associated with change through appropriate contingency planning
* Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Adjusts schedules to accommodate changing requirements within established deadlines. * Document all processes and procedures in the integrated Service Management Manual.
* Abide and adhere to the processes in the Integrated Service Management Manual.
* Forecasts and tracks costs and revenue to meet project objectives and effectively utilize resources.
* Demonstrates creativity when developing solutions considering the long-term impact. Handles multiple priorities by effectively prioritizing based on importance and impact. * Deploy any necessary processes, procedures and controls to provide effective end-to-end management, monitoring and reporting of the Services.
* Manages all aspects to ensure smooth operational hand-over on completion of the project.
* Ensures a common understanding by setting expectations using the Project Plan to align the stakeholders and team members and to ensure team buy-in.
* Selects the most effective type and medium for communicating message, communicating in person wherever possible.
* Communicates a sense of urgency when dealing with client issues. Is able to clearly articulate the connection between the client's business issues and appropriate technology solutions.
* Actively manages ongoing stakeholder expectations and ensures they are consistent with deliverables. * Align Service Provider's service management practices, which are used to support the Services, to the ITIL framework and guidance.
* Conform and deliver to a set of processes based on ITIL guidance to enable consistent management of IT services seamlessly across the Service Integrator and among Service Tower Providers.
* Ensure that processes effectively integrate with the Main Processes, processes, functions and roles deployed within and used by Customers, Service Integrator and the other Service Tower Providers.
* Design processes and procedures to enable the effective monitoring and reporting of the IT services in a Multi-Supplier environment.
* Coordinate the execution of Service Provider processes across Customers and with the Service Integrator in order that all the individual components that make up the IT Services are managed in an end-to-end manner.
* Facilitate the design and documentation of ITIL based processes by the Service Integrator to enable consistent, effective and seamless management of all Service Tower Providers.
* Deploy and integrate any tools and systems necessary to enable such processes, procedures and controls.
* Deploy controls to ensure that the Main Processes are followed across the Service Provider delivery of Services.
* Support the periodic audit by Third Parties.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
* BA / BS degree highly desired
* A minimum of five years of experience providing project management leadership for cross functional data center projects including Cloud, large-scale server, storage and network deployments
* Five to ten years' managing medium / large Enterprise level project
* Ability to drive Data Center innovation
* Leadership experience of large-scale (greater than 150 server images) data center workload migration projects including planning, design and execution phases for critical workload migration and consolidation projects
* Familiarity with development of risk management plans for technical Cloud / data center infrastructure projects
* Cost Management / Risk Management / Service Delivery / Performance ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button