SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATA at Invincea Labs LLC
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DATA
Job Locations US-VA-Arlington
Job ID 2018-1086 # of Openings 1 State Arlington, VA Category Engineering
Two Six Labs is looking for a Software Engineer with database development expertise. The successful candidate must have hands on experience developing and scaling data-centric applications where efficiency and consistency are top priorities. The candidate will work within a cross-functional research and development team focused on advancing the state-of-the-art in cyber warfare technology. The ideal candidate must have a passion for data modeling and query optimization in a fast-paced environment with evolving mission requirements.
- Develoment of core of core database technologies
- Ensure data platform can support program data scale and latency requirements
- Evolve program data model largely based on Apache Avro
- Support formulation and optimization of cyber battlespace queries
- A four year degree in CS, EE, or Math (Masters degree preferred)
- Expertise developing with relational database technologies, including PostgreSQL, in production environments
- Expertise developing in Java
- Familiarity with data serialization technologies (Apache Avro, Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to iterate and deliver quickly
- Willingness jump in and solve hard problems
- Know when to ask questions
- Great communication skills
- Self-driven work ethic
Nice to haves:
- High-availability system experience
- Experience working in research and development environments
- An active DoD clearance (Secret or above)
Due to security requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Two Six Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic corrected by law.
As a federal contractor, Two Six Labs has established affirmative action programs to ensure non-discrimination and affirmative action in Two Six Labs's policies and practices for qualified women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The narrative portion of Two Six Labs affirmative action plans for individuals with disabilities and veterans are available for inspection at our offices during normal business hours. Employees and applicants interested in inspecting these plans should contact Human Resources by phone 703-543-9662 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Two Six Labs and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department by email at email@example.com or by calling 703-543-9662.