Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working under the direction of the project manager, provides clerical and data entry support for a large-scale clinical trial during the end of study phase. Responsibilities include opening and sorting incoming mail, reviewing questionnaire responses, verifying the data on the questionnaires using a data-recognition software program, redacting and scanning medical records, and additional duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Opening incoming mail from study sites. Sorting study questionnaires.
* Manually reviewing the data provided by respondents to insure that the information can be accurately read by optical scan data-capture software and makes edits such as erasure of stray marks or darkening of response bubbles.
* Once the questionnaire data has been optically scanned, utilizes the data recognition software program to assess the accuracy of the captured data and makes edits as appropriate.
* Confirms the quality of the data before exporting to the study database.
* Performs other clerical duties as assigned such as redacting, scanning and filing of patient medical records.
* Minimum of a high school diploma. College enrollment preferred.
* Ability to understand the underlying principles of a research study and apply those principles to the work domain.
* A general familiarity with computers and knowledge of how to use software programs.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Keyboard skills.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work on a team.
* Good judgment and the ability to make independent decisions, but, at the same time, capable of seeking assistance and support when required.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.