Pharmacist at North Shore Medical Center(NSMC)
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salem, Massachusetts
A pharmacist is responsible for:
* The procurement, distribution, and control of all pharmaceuticals used within the North Shore Medical Center.
* The evaluation and dissemination of comprehensive information about drugs and their use to the institutions staff and patients.
* The monitoring, evaluation, and assurance of the quality of drug use.
* These functions are carried out in cooperation with other institutional departments and programs. Pharmacists oversee the activities of technicians and pharmacy students, and participate in maintaining the departments functions.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and be able to proficiently demonstrate computer applications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires attention to detail and concentration. Good analytical skills are a must. Ability to manage a large number of tasks simultaneously and to anticipate future needs. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of professionals and non-professionals.
* New grads require 2 years experience in a clinical setting as a pharmacy intern.
* Graduate from an accredited college of pharmacy is required.
* Current licensure as a Pharmacist by the State of Massachusetts is required.
Minimum of 2 years experience working in a clinical environment preferred.