PROJECT MANAGER/40 HOURS/DAY/NEWBORN/BWH at Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The ENAT Study (Amharic for mother, and an acronym for Enhancing Nutrition and Antenatal infection Treatment, for maternal and child health) invites applications for a Project Manager position. This cluster-randomized control trial will determine the impact of improving the antenatal management of maternal nutrition and infections in pregnancy on maternal and newborn health outcomes. The primary study aim is to determine the impact of the antenatal care packages on birth weight and length. Antenatal care strengthening and intervention packages will be designed in partnership with multiple governmental and non-governmental stakeholders in Ethiopia. The research will be conducted jointly by the Brigham and Womens Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Jhpiego, Addis Continental Institute of Public Health, and several Harvard-based institutions.
The Project Manager will manage study implementation, working closely with a full-time Ethiopian project manager and team. A key role will be relationship-building with local stakeholders, including the Ethiopian Ministry of Health. Significant travel and time in Ethiopia will be required, ranging from 30-40%.
Duties of the position include:
* Managing communications with research team and partners, summarizing discussion points from study calls into actionable items, and tracking study decisions
* Fostering and managing relationships with partners, including governmental agencies, donor agencies, implementation and research partners, members of relevant professional societies, and local beneficiaries and research participants
* Tracking progress of study tasks to ensure timely accomplishment of deliverables
* Preparing progress reports for donors and partners, preparing written and oral presentations
* Managing IRB submissions, continuing reviews, and amendments, developing protocols, standard operating procedures, and training tools for implementing partners
* Supporting development of data collection instruments, including Likert scales, focus group discussion questions, survey and interview questions, and clinical markers to be collected
* Data synthesis and analysis, including literature reviews and descriptive statistics
* Some administrative tasks, such as expense report submissions, managing budgets and ordering study supplies
Master of Public Health in a relevant field, such as global health, demography, or epidemiology, or other Master degree, with 2-3 years of project management experience. The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing and conducting research in global health and/or health systems including:
* Field experience managing research trials and primary data collection, particularly in low-income country settings.
* Knowledge and experience in study design, sampling methods, and statistical methods, including longitudinal data analysis.
* Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to conduct collaborative research and coordinate multiple partners.
* Proficiency in a range of data management and statistical software (e.g. STATA and web-based electronic data capture system such as REDCAP, or ODK) is preferred.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.