PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT / PCA / 36 HOURS / DAYS - BWH HEM ONC - 12C at Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
EXCELLENT CARE TO PATIENTS AND FAMILIES THE BEST STAFF IN THE SAFEST ENVIRONMENT
Nursing at Brigham and Womens Hospital is known for their excellent clinical practice and for keeping patients and their families at the center of all they do. We understand that great care is shaped by relationships with patients and their families. Thats why were committed to knowing our patients on a deeper level not just as patients, but as individuals to ensure that they, and their families, feel known and cared for.
At BWH, we proudly work together with a spirit of inquiry and a deep commitment to providing the highest quality, evidence-informed and theory-guided care in an inclusive environment. We work each day to achieve our vision to provide excellent care to patients and families, with the best staff, in the safest environment.
Just as we have been able to reinvent health care, we have also transformed health care careers. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, awards earned, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents a career with BWH is unlike any other in the health care field. Here you'll find a workplace where collaboration and teamwork are the norm, not the exception physicians, nurses, technicians, staff and management form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients. If you want an enormously fulfilling career, theres no better place to be.
THE PCA WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Supporting the RN with clinical tasks, including, but not limited to glucometry, EKGs, and vital signs.
* Responding to the needs of patients and family members and takes a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Certification as a nursing assistant required upon hire, unless incumbent is a nursing student who has completed her/his fundamentals of nursing with a clinical component (clinical rotation or simulation lab). For nursing students hired as PCAs, strongly prefer nursing students enrolled in BSN programs or direct-entry Masters programs.
* Bi-lingual skills preferred.
* Prior experience in a clinical setting preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* May not currently hold a valid nursing license.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR certification by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the Red Cross required upon hire.