Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, building and operating solutions within Netsmart s Care At Home line of business. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of Netsmart's Best In Class Care At Home solution team deploying innovative web, mobile, and service oriented solutions for Netsmart's Next Generation Care At Home Platform in the cloud.
If you thrive in an environment that rewards hard work, collaboration, and ingenuity then we want to work with you. This position is a key addition to our Engineering team. It s an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to work with a number of cutting-edge software technologies and to influence key application features for our cloud-based Care At Home solution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* As part of our Product Engineering team, you will work closely with product, sales, marketing, customer service teams and other product engineering teams to design, build and operate our Enterprise SAAS healthcare care at home platform in the cloud
* Balance the strategic and tactical
* Own the product architecture, product debt backlog, set technical direction for all engineering teams and define core development languages and tools
* Provide thought leadership to tactical and strategic business and technology decisions
* As a hands on engineer, sling awesome code, set up and perform design and code reviews
* Mentor junior engineers
* Be forward looking by creating technical proofs of concept that validate the applicability of proposed technology solutions
* Work with onsite and offshore engineering delivery and operations teams to ensure that the work meets your exacting quality standards
* Promote and participate in a DevOps culture
* Review delivery plans with senior engineering management and with team as needed
* You will be a part of the engineering operations team to support our customer operations, troubleshoot and fix issues on a rotation basis
WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR:
* 1+ years of hands on and relevant experience
* Experience with Java, J2EE, Angular, Python, Relational databases, NoSQL data stores, containerization
* Experience with designing, building and operating - web and mobile applications, large-scale distributed systems, micro-services, streaming, synchronous and asynchronous messaging, data engineering and analytics
* Experience with the Agile delivery processes is preferred
* Experience with cloud architecture is preferred (AWS)
* Good verbal and communication skills, strong analytical problem-solving ability
* Ability to excel in a collegial team atmosphere and have a strong desire to be part of a small company that is poised to take off
* An opportunity to define cloud-based enterprise healthcare products, without the bureaucracy
* Awesome learning and growth opportunities
* Competitive compensation, and the opportunity to grow with a rising industry leader
* Medical, dental, vision, 401K, fun team events you know, all the good stuff
* A fully stocked kitchen with snacks (only the good stuff)
* Fast-paced, rewarding environment where input is encouraged and valued at every level
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience. Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.