Phlebotomist at SCL Health
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Lafayette, Colorado
Front Range Care Sites Make Americas Best Hospitals List
Lutheran Medical Center and Saint Joseph Hospital were named to the 2018 America's Best 50 hospitals list by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This places those care sites in the top one percent of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide Good Samaritan Medical Center has achieved the Healthgrades 2018 Americas 100 Best Hospitals Award, placing it among the top two percent of hospitals nationwide.
Works under close supervision to obtain blood samples used in diagnostic testing.
* Verifies patients identification and obtains specimens of patient blood for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture or skin puncture methodology utilizing a syringe, lancet or other approved technique.
* Calms and reassures patients who are anxious or apprehensive about having blood specimen withdrawn; explains to patient why specimen is needed in order to elicit cooperation.
* Prepares blood samples obtained for diagnostic testing in laboratory by adding type and quantity of preservative or anti-coagulant specified for test procedures requested.
* Fixes blood specimen on glass slide by utilizing edge of another glass slide to smear a drop of blood across its surface for the purpose of microscopic examination by other personnel.
* Carries or otherwise forwards all blood specimens drawn to appropriate laboratory for analysis.
* Receives, accessions, and processes patient specimens (including centrifuging, making primary inoculations of media, preparing and staining of smears and/or plates, and operating semi and fully automated equipment).
* Records and transcribes laboratory test results from lab reports and worksheets into a permanent log. Routes laboratory reports to patients ward, as needed.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Phlebotomy training, required
* Six months of experience in blood-drawing techniques, preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting, preferred
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lafayette
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities