Chaplain - Palliative Care/Spiritual Care at SCL Health
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Board Certification in a professional chaplaincy organization * 1-3 years Critical Care Setting Experience
* Palliative Care Experience 1- 3 years
This position is for Spiritual and Palliative Care
Hours include days and nights- based on department need
Includes weekend and holiday times
Schedule is variable night shift hours- Thursdays through Sundays
* The primary duty of the chaplain is to assess and meet the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, family members, significant others, and staff.
* The chaplain partners with the staff to contribute to the interdisciplinary approach to patient care planning, with focused contributions to spiritual assessment, interventions and support.
* The core functions of the chaplain are: presence of support, spiritual assessment of patient and family, integrating plan of care, responding to crisis situations, educating and leading.
* The chaplain will be available to patients, residents, families and staff Monday through Fridays, from 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and additional hours as required for support groups and educational presentations.(Including weekends, holidays and nights as needed)
* The chaplain will communicate his/her daily schedule with team members at the Comprehensive Cancer Center and with chaplain staff at GSMC, making sure their shift is completely covered.
* The chaplain will communicate with GSMC chaplain staff regarding follow up of outpatients becoming inpatients.
At all times the Palliative Care Chaplain is actively engaged with the other members of the Palliative Care Clinical Team:
* Contributing to the interdisciplinary patient & family consults for advanced care planning.
* Focusing on the spiritual, bereavement, and emotional needs of the patient and family.
* Providing accurate and adequate documentation for effective operation of interdisciplinary appraisals.
Attending to the spiritual needs of the staff and Palliative Care Department
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, Ministry or Pastoral Ministry from a nationally accredited university.
* Four units in clinical pastoral education from ACPE or APC training center.
* Three to five years in chaplaincy in a health care facility.
* One to two years experience in palliative care and/or end of life care.
* Ecclesial endorsement through chaplains own religious tradition.
* Worship, teaching and leadership experience.
* Interdisciplinary team skills.
* Eligible for board certification within two years of hire.
* Includes experience in ethics training, spiritual development and nurture, counseling and family systems, chaplains own religious traditions Scriptures and practices, world religions, cultural sensitivity, values clarification, grief, supporting end-of-life journey.
* Experience in leading and developing an Ecumenical worship service.
* Certified in a Professional Chaplaincy Organization (NACC, NAJC, APC or ACPE)
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lafayette
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities