Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Fire & Security Systems Install Technician
We are seeking an experienced Security and Fire Alarm Service Technician with experience in fire alarms, installation, service and preventive maintenance on commercial security products including intrusion/burglary systems, access control and CCTV systems or equivalent work related experience in the voice/data/service or security industry.
* Installation of security and fire systems in accordance with company and code standards.
* Establishes security/fire alarm service by installing security/fire alarm systems and equipment; verifying system performance; maintaining records.Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions and building long-term relationships.
* Plans security/fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating location; identifying alarm installation requirements; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
* Verifies security/fire alarm/CCTV systems functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
* Maintains records by documenting fire inspections, installation and service.
* Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
Requires a high school diploma or GED.
Valid Indiana driver s license.
2+ years experience
Experience as a Systems Installation/Service Technician or equivalent in the security or fire alarm industry is a plus.
Understanding of networking and IT infrastructure
Positive can do attitude with a strong work ethic. Must also work with a sense of urgency and exercise a bias toward action.
Thorough understanding and grounding in Ohms Law and low voltage circuits.
Experience with Silent Knight; Honeywell/Ademco, DMP, Radionics/Bosch and or Firelite is preferred but not required.
Experience with Access Control Systems and programming is highly preferred
Experience with CCTV installation and DVR programming; NVR/Server, IP and megapixel cameras a plus
Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, personable, time management skills, and well organized.
Superior customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Conduit installation and bending experience a plus
Position will also require regular standing/walking, ability to climb ladders, work in hot/cold environments, and ability to work in confined/tight spaces as needed to complete systems service/installation/inspection.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.