Media BI Analyst at SymphonyIRI Group
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Big Data is in our DNA. And our Media Team is growing fast. IRI continues to innovate in the space and has developed and integrated the world s largest cross-channel media, social and online/offline purchase data sets to help our clients maximize the ROI for media spend. Our Media Analysts focus on providing comprehensive insights to our clients by analyzing the impact of media on CPG shopping and purchasing behavior.
Do you enjoy analyzing and interpreting media and digital data trends/patterns* Are you technically savvy in adapting to a variety of Business Intelligence (BI) data tools at your disposal to develop proof of concepts and build new innovative solutions to solve business problems* Can you translate data into actionable BI insights for clients* Can you work in a fast-paced environment* This position is for you. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
The Media Analyst on the New Product Development team will be actively involved in media BI development and project deployments for insights tracking and planning solutions. This team focuses on technology development and data integration, porting in relatively unstructured media datasets and then mining and transforming it for integration into IRi s Liquid Data (ILD). The Media Analyst will undertake content development to inform and set always-on reports/stories into Unify or delivery high value, ad hoc strategic deliverables to clients. The big picture function of this position is using enterprise technology platforms to build and deliver products that enable business data driven decisions and impact by driving requirements, analyzing, and interpreting cross media online and offline data trends/patterns. Ultimately, the team strives to implement meaningful business intelligence solutions for clients. Specific responsibilities include:
* Subject Matter Expertise
* Deploy and implement social media and digital intelligence solutions for clients
* Perform cross media (TV/social/digital) analysis and deliver insights on brands and topical issues
* Create and execute tasks to meet changing client needs and requirements
* Coordinate/modify data capture and reporting according to evolving brand specs
* Document best practices and repeatable methodologies for customer onboarding and use-case implementation
* Advanced Analytic Skills
* Analyzes and translates data into meaningful strategic issues and solutions for clients with coherent, actionable and fact-based data/recommendations appropriate to their business needs
* Quality Control
* Drives to achieve high quality results through effective data integrity and problem solving persistency with counterparts in the organization
* Develops efficiency, accuracy, and detail oriented techniques for identify issues and opportunities for system improvements
* Planning and Organizing
* Determines effort and resources required to meet objectives; plans, coordinates and manages resources effectively;
* Cross-Functional Influence
* Collaborate effectively cross-functionally and within immediate team, supporting team objectives, giving constructive feedback and encouraging sharing of ideas to achieve successful client focused goals
This is a hands-on position for someone with a do what it takes mentality and a proven track-record of thriving in such an environment. Ideal candidates will also possess:
* BS or BA degree from an accredited institution. An advanced degree is a plus.
* 3-7 years of relevant experience with a combination of media, advertising, and some related data analytics and technology background
* Elevated business acumen with a knack for advertising data and technology
* Detail oriented and strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* Innate curiosity and a passion for innovation and process improvement
* Strong sense of ownership and able to focus in a highly charged environment managing competing priorities, multiple projects, and delivering against tight deadlines
* Hands-on experience in using social media intelligence platforms to curate data for cross media case studies and insights (ie. Oracle SRM, NetBase, Crimson Hexagon, Infegy Altas, etc.)
* Familiarity with:
* Social media use cases is strongly preferred (ie. brand analysis, competitive intelligence, tracking of new product launches/campaigns/brand issues)
* Media planning, segmentation and targeting processes
* TV, social/digital, and website analytics
* Experience working with:
* Data visualization tools (ie. Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy)
* Coding, IDEs, data manipulation tools (ie. Alteryx, R, SAS, Python, SQL, Julia)
* Syndicated consumer, POS, and media data (ie. IRI, Nielsen, comScore, KantarMedia, etc.)
* Strong in Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Project, Access)
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new aha moments! by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. #LI-AB1