Express Sales Manager at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted Date 1 day ago(6/12/2018 9:03 AM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte s financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Responsible for booking assigned markets with the emphasis on short term business. To merchandise as skillfully
as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that
the Customer has the best possible meeting experience.
* Responsible for prospecting and booking small groups 11-44 rooms in assigned markets
* Must be knowledgeable about all hotel capabilities
* Merchandise function space and attain maximum average rate and room rental wherever appropriate
* Deliver proposals and contracts within 24 hours of request
* Maintain aggressive weekly phone/in person solicitation
* Achieve budgeted room night, rate and revenue goals
* Conduct site tours and communicate thoroughly site tour needs to other departments
* Assist with lobby duty coverage
* Maintain files, and current trace dates, accurate history and all relevant booking activity
* Participate in ongoing forecast process
* Participate in daily and weekly sales meetings as assigned
* Active involvement in industry-related activities
* Is current and abides by all sales office procedures and systems
* Be familiar with STAR report and related sales strategy
* Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism to both clients and colleagues
* Recommend improvement of facilities and services as needed
* To be familiar with all hotel facilities and amenities
* To be familiar with local attractions and businesses
* Assist with the career development of sales/catering assistants
* Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies
* Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors
* Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service
* Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications
* Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
* Must have strong customer service, communication, presentation, and selling/closing skills
* Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
* Prior sales management experience required (or successful completion of Omni LID program).
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:
EEOC is the Law Poster - https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
The following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement-