Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posted Date 5 hours ago(6/13/2018 2:58 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Food & Beverage
Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished d cor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
To properly take all guests' R/S orders, communicate them to the servers and work to expedite their service. To properly perform all control and revenue related paperwork.
* Responsible to answer the phone within three rings.
* Take orders for guests.
* Must follow prepared scenario to encourage upselling.
* Give the approximate time of delivery for the order.
* Prepare payment of checks.
* Knowledge of food menu and wine list.
* Know and adhere to all liability laws.
* Printing of reports at the end of the shift and banking out.
* Complete other duties assigned.
* Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and both AM and PM shifts.
* Must be able to lift at least 30lbs.
* Previous experience in In-Room Dining/Room Service preferred.
* Candidate should possess excellent communication skills.
* Must be STAR certified, prior to first day of employment.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org..