Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posted Date 8 hours ago(6/13/2018 12:02 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications.
* Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
* Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
* Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
* Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
* Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
* Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
* Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
* Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and Pointe standards at all time.
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per Merritt Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Cooperate with other cooks to prepare events or special requirements on meals.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume fine dining restaurant operation.
* Knowledge of modern cooking techniques required.
* Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to adhere to recipes.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Ability to perform culinary duties in open concept kitchen, handling guest requests efficiently and to the guests satisfaction.
* Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
* Eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
* Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
* The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
* Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
* Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
* The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
* Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
* Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.