Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for assisting patients during the onsite registration and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled visits. The Representative in this role must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment. This employee completes the patient access process for inpatients and outpatients, takes demographic, reviews insurance and medical information, ensures managed care requirements are met, collecting patient liabilities when necessary and complies with regulatory guidelines.
* Activate patients in the patient management system upon arrival on the date of service and assist patients and customers in navigating throughout the hospital facility.
* Obtain and enter demographic and other financial and clinical information necessary for financial clearance of scheduled/unscheduled accounts.
* Responsible for understanding eligibility responses from insurances to assist patients in understanding their insurance benefits; copay, deductible, coinsurance.
* Verify that there is a complete physician order in place at time of service.
* Ensures that all necessary documents, including consents, insurance card copies, photo IDs, and other documents as deemed necessary are scanned into the patient business cycle system and obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of arrival.
* Collect remaining patient liability responsibilities that were identified during financial clearance or RTE review, and offer prompt pay to all patients on date of service or before discharge for admitted patients (with the exception of WI region).
* Assist patients with onsite customer service functions (e.g., billing, medical record, and collection inquiries) by coordinating with other patient business services functions and departments such as Financial Counseling. The ability to perform collections and cashiering functions when necessary.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Medical and insurance terminology is preferred
St. Clare Hospital Baraboo
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.