Irby Test Lab Technician at Irby
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity.
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related solutions. For more information, visit SoneparUSA.com.
This position performs manual and clerical duties related to testing electrical safety equipment in a laboratory environment. Receives, cleans, inspects, tests, and ships electrical safety equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Learns to safely and properly operate all equipment in work area including testing equipment, air compressor, commercial washers and dryers, and pallet jack.
* Receives incoming shipments from vendors and customers. Examines shipments for damage and verifies accuracy of shipments by comparing material received against shipping documents.
* Notifies vendor or shipper of damage or discrepancies and takes necessary actions to rectify. Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation and submission of claims.
* Attaches identifying tags or labels to material as required and stores material in appropriate location in warehouse or test lab.
* Enters receipts in computer system for material received on purchase orders.
* Records shipments of customer material received for testing.
* Inventories customer material and records the results on forms or in computer system. Notifies appropriate personnel of discrepancies between customer-provided documentation and inventory results.
* Cleans and visually inspects customer material to identify defects or damage.
* Performs dielectric testing of customer material.
* Packages customer material for shipment and completes required testing documentation.
* Pulls material on pick tickets; packages and ships material to customers.
* Assists walk-in customers with testing orders or purchasing merchandise.
* Loads and unloads equipment to and from customer delivery vehicles.
* Prepares material for shipment by common carrier. Determines method of shipment, weighs, packages, and labels material and prepares necessary shipping documentation.
* Performs maintenance on test lab equipment.
* Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and dollies.
* Provides on the job training to other employees.
* Maintains a positive attitude and practices good interpersonal relations with customers and co-workers.
* Basic computer operation skills.
* Ability to safely lift packages and objects sometimes exceeding 50 pounds.
* Physical ability to stand on your feet most of the day.
* Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Two to three year s experience in a production or warehouse environment.
* Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
* Ability to operate forklift or other material handling equipment.