Technical Consultant at SAS Institute
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
No matter the industry, organizations are collecting data at a faster pace than they can often handle. SAS provides everything they need to make sense of that data, manage its growth and determine what information brings the most value. Whether it s to reduce fraud in banking, speed drugs to market in life sciences, forecast demand in retail, detect security breaches in government or identify students at risk of falling behind, SAS takes pride in making a difference.
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
SAS Solutions OnDemand provides hosted analytical and complex solutions which help our customers derive incredible value from their data. We slice and dice data to formulate an effective visualization for investigators to uncover and fight fraud, waste and internal abuse. Many of our implementations are for government agencies to assist with proper distribution of benefits including but not limited to unemployment checks, food stamps, and Medicaid.
* As a SAS Solutions OnDemand Technical Consultant, you are responsible for information architecture, data integration, software design and development in hosted SAS applications.
* Working closely with customers, you will utilize your experience in a variety of SAS products to participate in design and implementation of creating software that helps people make better decisions.
* Extract data from a variety of data sources, transform data, and load it into data warehouses and marts.
* Profile data for data quality; and develop and implement cleansing rules.
* Participate in report writing using SAS tools.
* Work with other team members to develop reports and utilize state of the art analytic techniques.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Education may be substituted with equivalent years of experience.
* Enterprise-level Programming skills (I.e. ETL Development).
* In lieu of ETL, you must be fairly well-practiced with one of the following programming languages:
* SAS, Python, PHP, Ruby, SQL, Java, JS, C++, or C#.
* Unix skills.
* ETL and Data Warehousing experience in support of BI and reporting systems.
* Experience with relational and multi-dimensional databases and data management tools.
* Advanced report design and build experience.
* Experience in technical lead role.
* Ability to mentor other staff members.
Additional Knowledge and Experience:
* Ability to comprehend the details of complex system software.
* Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn